Jurie G. Rossouw
Jurie is a resilience expert and author of Executive Resilience, a book that delves into the neuroscience of cultural resilience. Jurie is also the founder of Driven, an integrated AI-powered resilience program that is used by hundreds of organisations worldwide, combining workshops, peer training, certifications, and technology to create a culture of resilience, underpinned with Resilience First Aid certified champions. Jurie developed High Adversity Resilience Training (HART) used in defence and emergency response. Jurie has published multiple research papers on the neuroscience of resilience, resilience assessment, and new analytics frameworks to better understand the deeper functioning and value of resilience.
BCOM, MED NEUROSCIENCE (CERT), MIACN
Jurie is the Director of Driven and is a Member of the International Association of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy. His focus is on building resilience at an individual, organisational, and global level. Throughout this quest, Jurie has worked for some of the largest organisations in Australia and globally in the field of resilience for more than 10 years. He has consulted with large banks, airlines, education institutions, mining, and more. Projects ranged from building resilience at cultural levels, through to enhancing business resilience at a process and resource level.
From this, he published two books in the Think Lean series, followed more recently by his new book, Executive Resilience, which delves into the neuroscience of cultural resilience, and how resilience will become more important as a skill to thrive in a digital environment.
Jurie has published three peer-reviewed research papers on The Predictive 6-Factor Resilience Scale, highlighting a new path to holistic resilience measurement. This work establishes six domains of resilience, providing a holistic and neuroscience-based view of resilience. Following the research publication, Jurie created The Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale – Clinical Guidelines and Applications. Jurie expanded the domains into a comprehensive resilience development curriculum in the Driven virtual coaching platform, further using insights into neuroplasticity to find more effective methods of learning integration and resilience enhancement.
Taking an approach of applied science, Jurie integrates an understanding of psychology, neuroscience, technology, risk and strategic management to build more effective ways to enhance resilience at all levels. As the director of Driven, Jurie has designed a virtual coaching platform to achieve resilience measurement and provide neuroscience-based training. This platform is used by psychologists, coaches, schools, and other organisations worldwide as a comprehensive resilience enhancement solution.
- The Neuroeducation Toolbox – Practical Translations of Neuroscience in Counseling and Psychotherapy (First Edition) – Contibutor – 2020
- Executive Resilience: Neuroscience for the Business of Disruption – 2018
- The Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale – Clinical Guidelines and Applications – 2016
- Think Lean Fast – Healthy Living for Busy People – 2016
- Think Lean Method – Whole-Brain Healthy Living – 2014
Research papers published:
- RARE – Developing the RARE Framework to Operationalize the Exposome in Mental Health – Jan 2021
- Building Resilience Through a Virtual Coach Called Driven: Longitudinal Pilot Study and the Neuroscience of Small, Frequent Learning Tasks – July 2, 2019 International Journal of Neuropsychotherapy
- Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale – Domains of Resilience and Their Role as How an improvement in resilience boosts job satistifaction – Nov 7, 2017 International Journal of Neuropsychotherapy
- The Predictive 6-Factor Resilience Scale – Neurobiological Fundamentals and Organizational Application – May 2016 International Journal of Neuropsychotherapy
Press & articles published:
- “Why is Resilience Important? Video Interview with Jurie at Flying Solo”
- Driven Resilience App on the Today Show – Channel 9
- Five signs fear-based leadership is holding your business back
- Expert reveals scientific ways to improve your mental health
- How to Make 2020 Your Best Mental Health Year Yet, In Less Than 5 Minutes A Day
- How lawyers can make 2020 their best mental health year to date
- How to get mentally prepared for 2020
- “Preventing burnout: detecting the signs” Apr 22, 2019 – Hospital & Healthcare Magazine
- “Resilience for startups – what are the differences for founders and staff?” Apr 11, 2019 – Fishburner’s Startup Blog
- “Healthy Living for Busy People” Apr 22, 2016 – Men’s Muscle & Health Magazine
- “Are You Mentally Fit?” Dec 1, 2015 – Oxygen Magazine
- “Resilience is the Key to Healthy Living” May 20, 2015 – Smart Healthy Women