Meet Jurie G. Rossouw
Jurie is a global resilience expert and founder of Driven, a research and technology organisation focused on building human resilience. Jurie has developed various innovative and accredited resilience programs, including Resilience First Aid, the AI-powered Driven Resilience program, and High Adversity Resilience Training (HART). These programs are used by various universities, defence, government, organisations, and therapists worldwide. Jurie has published books such as Executive Resilience, reports such as the National Resilience Index, and multiple research papers on the neuroscience of resilience, resilience assessment, and new analytics frameworks to better understand the deeper functioning and value of resilience.
BCOM, MED NEUROSCIENCE (CERT), MIACN
Jurie is a resilience expert and founder of Driven, a research and technology organisation focused on understanding and building human resilience. Through this, Jurie continues to create innovative and accredited resilience programs, including the AI-powered Driven Resilience Program, the ground-breaking Resilience First Aid program as a proactive mental health approach, and High Adversity Resilience Training (HART) used by emergency responders.
Jurie is a Member of the International Association of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy, holding a BCom and a Certificate in Medical Neuroscience. Through 20 years of experience in research into resilience, Jurie has published various research papers on the neuroscience of resilience, including the Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale which is used by various universities, organisations and therapists as the key model to understand and measure resilience. This forms the basis of the National Resilience Index Report which Jurie publishes, monitoring the national resilience of Australia as a nation.
Having consulted and provided training with some of the largest organisations in the world, Jurie published Executive Resilience, a book that delves into the neuroscience of cultural resilience and how resilience will become more important as a skill to thrive in a digital environment. Working towards practical implementation, these concepts are delivered in a scalable approach through the Driven Resilience App – a daily digital program to learn resilience through small daily activities.
Jurie’s goal is to build resilience in as many people as possible, aiming for a 25% improvement in resilience by 2025 – a goal that can significantly reduce mental illness through a practical and measurable proactive approach. Jurie has been featured on TV and various magazines as a resilience expert, continuously working to create a more resilient future.
- The Neuroeducation Toolbox – Practical Translations of Neuroscience in Counseling and Psychotherapy (First Edition) – Contibutor – 2020
- Executive Resilience: Neuroscience for the Business of Disruption – 2018
- The Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale – Clinical Guidelines and Applications – 2016
- Think Lean Fast – Healthy Living for Busy People – 2016
- Think Lean Method – Whole-Brain Healthy Living – 2014
Research papers published:
- National Resilience Index – Australia 2021 – November 2021
- RARE – Developing the RARE Framework to Operationalize the Exposome in Mental Health – Jan 2021
- Building Resilience Through a Virtual Coach Called Driven: Longitudinal Pilot Study and the Neuroscience of Small, Frequent Learning Tasks – July 2, 2019 International Journal of Neuropsychotherapy
- Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale – Domains of Resilience and Their Role as How an improvement in resilience boosts job satistifaction – Nov 7, 2017 International Journal of Neuropsychotherapy
- The Predictive 6-Factor Resilience Scale – Neurobiological Fundamentals and Organizational Application – May 2016 International Journal of Neuropsychotherapy
Press & articles published:
- Looking Forward to ‘Freedom Day’? – 7 Expert Tips on How to Survive and Thrive – Women’s Health
- From Hinge to Driven: The 4 Surprising Apps That Helped Me Through Lockdown – The Latch
- Why is Resilience Important? Video Interview with Jurie at Flying Solo
- Driven Resilience App on the Today Show – Channel 9
- Five signs fear-based leadership is holding your business back
- Expert reveals scientific ways to improve your mental health
- How to Make 2020 Your Best Mental Health Year Yet, In Less Than 5 Minutes A Day
- How lawyers can make 2020 their best mental health year to date
- How to get mentally prepared for 2020
- “Preventing burnout: detecting the signs” Apr 22, 2019 – Hospital & Healthcare Magazine
- “Resilience for startups – what are the differences for founders and staff?” Apr 11, 2019 – Fishburner’s Startup Blog
- “Healthy Living for Busy People” Apr 22, 2016 – Men’s Muscle & Health Magazine
- “Are You Mentally Fit?” Dec 1, 2015 – Oxygen Magazine
- “Resilience is the Key to Healthy Living” May 20, 2015 – Smart Healthy Women